About Me

Friday, 6 June 2014

Book: My Future Listography


Hot off the shelf from Urban Outfitters, I couldn't wait to start this new book I'd stumbled upon. Like it sounds, it's a book with lots of lists for you to fill in. They also do other styles of lists, like lists of memories and things like that. But, me being the typical teenager who doesn't know what I want to do with my life, I thought the 'future listography' would be best for me.




 It includes some realistic things like cities you want to visit, festivals to take part in etc. but also some silly or impossible things, such as supernatural events you want to happen to you. I'd read reviews that this book was fun but helpfully aided you in figuring out some basics as to what you'd like to do in your later life. And I agree!



I think it would make a great gift for a friend, especially if you set it as your mission to complete one thing in the book every week, month, year etc. I think I'm going to fill it in as much as possible and then use it as inspiration as to things I really want to do or see. It makes you think outside the norm, and about the whole world.




Maybe you could even attempt some of the impossible. For example, they have a list of things you'd like to see happen to the world. I wrote that I'd like to see equality of all people, which makes me want to get out there and do something about equality and the world, even if small. Maybe donate to a charity, or work with one. It feels like the kind of book I'll forget about for 20 years, then pick up one day, and then be reminded of all my former dreams. And then of course, hopefully go out and do them! Or maybe some Zac Efron look-alike will try complete as many ideas for me as possible, like his character did in the film "New Year's Eve" with a girl's New Year resolutions ... Ok maybe not, but it's more fun to achieve them for yourself, right?



It's also good for the wandering traveller, as you can focus and pinpoint which countries would be best to go to next, or what festivals and events you should take part in. Either way, it's fun, it's quirky, and, it's a good prompt for getting you thinking about the future in a not too serious way. Just what I need.

How do you think about your future?

5 comments:

  1. The book looks great! I also put you blog on my blogs page here :) ---> http://catscraftsncritters.blogspot.ca/p/blogs_3556.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw awesome, thanks :P Yeah I just started this blog - as you can probably tell - but it's really fun. If you have any tips on things I should, feel free to tell me, as your blog is great

      Delete
  2. What a creative and fun idea! I must get one, even if I have absoloutly no idea about my future.. Cool blog by the way! :)

    - thefenceofstars.blogspot.ie // teenage-blogger-central.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the idea! Your book looks great :)

    MJ
    www.littlepandacrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen books like this and find them really fun, especially for someone who loves lists. Hopefully I can get this specific one soon!

    ReplyDelete